week 4
2/11
Lab
During this week's discussion, we began the class by looking at the fast plant students have planted the week before. We also looked at a jar of caterpillars, they were very small. We then began the lesson by talking about lesson plans, and the different segments within them. We also talked about what find modeling is and how it provides a framework to plan, develop, and deliver a lesson. We also discussed different ideas. We should have in mind when choosing a model. We ended the class by talking about the 5E model of science instruction. The 5 E's search for engagement, explore, explain, elaborate, and evaluate. To gain a better understanding of the 5E we created quick presentations with a group which went over what each E was in the rolls, teachers and students have within each E.
Focus Questions:
What did you learn this week?
One main thing I learned this week from discussion was the 5E model of science instruction. Before the class I had heard about each of the different E but I did not know that they could be grouped together to form a specific model.
Are you able to relate what you learn to what you already knew?
During my many years of schooling, I have heard of formative and summative assessments but I never really paid much attention to them before. In the class I was able to get a better understanding of different types of assessments that are within each description.
How can you apply what you’ve learned to your teaching in the future?
After learning about the 5E model I believe I can use this with my future students to better engage and understand different processes that can occur during science class. It also helps me create a framework that I could follow during class activities and discussions.
Hi Yazzmenn! I also found the 5E model to be interesting. Prior to this class I had never heard of or used this model. I also think that this model will be helpful in my future classroom. It offers guidance for the teacher while ensuring that students are finding answers through their own investigations. Great post!
ReplyDelete