week 6

 Lab 

As usually we began class by checking on the fast growing plants. We then started the lecture and talked about flowers, more specifically flower dissection. We went over what aspects of flowers are male and female and also different parts of flowers like the petals and sepals. We then moved on to a quick  lecture on pollination then we were able to model how it works by using dried bees and the plants the class grew. We also talked about NGSS some more in relation to this week's discussion. The classes ended with a lesson over sea turtles and how cause and effect plays a role in sea turtles birthing process.




 Focus Questions:

  1. What did you learn this week?

  • I was able to find out more about sea turtles and what they go through during birth. One Thing that I didn't know about sea turtles is that they are in their eggs for two months. 

  1. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

  • I did have some previous knowledge on how pollination works and the process bees have to go through. In class I was  able to get a closer look at how pollination works, especially how the pollen sticks to the bees. 

  1.  What are new or remaining questions? 

  • During the lecture we talked about DNA and traits.  One question I have is what types of examples can be considered an environmental factor that affects someone's traits.  

Comments

  1. Thank you for your post. I also learned that sea turtles are in their eggs for 2 months. Your pictures of turtles are cool. Are they from something you experienced?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

week 7

week 14

week 4

Week three

week 8

week 13

week 10

Week two

week12