week 8
This week in class everyone discussed the activity we did last week which was the babyface packet. The main discussion was about mutations that can occur in DNA. They also use a mutation simulator that gives us a chance to see what happens when there is a mutation in a DNA sequence. It also defines different aspects of DNA becoming protein.

Focus Questions:
What did you learn this week?
While using the simulation I was able to gain a better understanding of how mutations can affect DNA and what it looks like during the process of protein / DNA translation and transcription.
Are you able to relate what you learn to what you already know?
Like most, I have learned about DNA in school. In my science class we did have a lesson about what DNA is but we didn't really dive into mutations . During this week I did gain more information about mutations and how they work and some of their outcomes.
How can you apply what you learn from your teaching in the future?
I really like the simulation we use this week. I feel like it would be great to use at the end of a lesson so students can check their understanding of mutation. I also like how the first page includes additional information that lets users know what to do in the simulation but also tests their knowledge and explanation skills.
Comments
Post a Comment