week 10

 Lab 


Just listen closely to one over the process of evolution. Watch the video in class about different types of evolutions that are still seen in humans, even if they are predominant like human tails. We also talked about the homework that we did the week before and expanded our understanding of 3-D learning during a class discussion. We also participated in an activity where we use forks, knives, and sticks to collect beans. We used different utensils to act as predators, capturing our prey, which one of the beans with specific traits being the different color beans. The goal of this activity was to demonstrate the process of adaptation and natural selection within different ecosystems.



 Focus Questions:

  1. What did you learn this week?

  • I was able to learn more about 3-D learning. In the homework we were able to choose the questions that we wanted to answer so I like to date her class discussion. I was able to gain more information on what other classmates thought about the questions. I also answered. I also like that I was able to gain some background information on the questions that I didn’t answer.

  1. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already know?

  • Like other topics that we went over in class I did have some previous knowledge about natural selection, and how it works. But I feel like during the activity that we did in class I was able to gain a more hands-on understanding of the predator and prey relationship.

  1. Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?

  • The overall discussion was very clear to me. The only thing that I found confusing was the calculations we were supposed to do during our activity after removing some of the prey aka the beans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 6

week 7

week 14

week 4

Week three

week 8

week 13

Week two

week12