week 5
Lab
We began class by checking on the plants' growth before and saw pictures of the caterpillars' progress. We then went over the week 4 lab activity before we started the new lesson. The main focus this week was ecosystems and biomes. We also talked about ecosystems and the food chains within them. We went over the different types of consumers within the food chain process. To end the lesson in our groups everyone chose a different type of biome and created examples of different food chains that accrue.
Focus Questions:
What did you learn this week?
This week in lecture, I was able to learn about the different aspects within different biomes. These aspects included different Climate, animals who live there, percent of land area they obtain and more.
Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
Oh, before discussion I did have some knowledge about food chains, but I was able to gain a more in-depth idea of what actually goes into them, and how they work. Specifically, I was able to learn about the 10% rule of food chains.
How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
Call me, will it be able to teach more about the food chain to my future students, but also utilize the activity we did during discussion. I believe that allowing my students to create their own food chain within a biome of their choosing can help encourage them to participate.

Hi Yazzmenn! I didn't know about the 10% rule of food chains either. That was very interesting to me because I didn't realize you get less and less the further down the chain it goes. I agree that the activity we did with biomes and food chains was informational, fun, and engaging.
ReplyDelete