Week three

Lab 

This week's class went over the process of germination which is the process seeds go through to become seedlings. The growth of a plant is like a cycle since most plants need to  be planted and go through germination and become plants and begin to  flower as well. Some students were also able to plant seeds to be more hands on and also gain a better understanding of  germination.The class also learned about different life cycle of species like butterflies. Finally the class also planted 40 day fast growing plants. 














Focus Questions:

  1. What did you learn this week?

  • After lecture I was able to gain a better understanding of life cycles. More specifically the idea of the specifics behind the different aspects of them that are important. 

  1. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already know?

  • I did have some previous knowledge on life cycles of plants and some different mammals. But I was able to further my knowledge of life cycles more specifically the different types of life cycles there are.  

  1. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

  • During lab students were able to complete activities that were both hands-on and educational which I believe would be great to integrate into classes. More specifically the use of playdough when learning about the butterfly life cycle.

Comments

  1. Hi Yazzmenn! I was also able to relate my background knowledge to what we learned about plants and life cycles. I completely agree with you that hands-on and educational activities should be integrated into classes. I agree that the use of playdough was a fun, educational, and engaging way to learn about the butterfly's life cycle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

week 6

week 7

week 14

week 4

week 8

week 13

week 10

Week two

week12